I am fully aware that for some people age is just a number, and I am definitely not one of those people🙅🏾As a matter of fact I thrive on attaching sentimental value to life’s experiences, so much that words like: “you’re so extra” or “you’re too deep” have been used as an attempt to try box me 💁🏾Having said that, turning 25 was no different at all…
At my new age I have managed to escape the 18-24 years youth age bracket and I actually feel like a real adult who is steadily making her way into full autonomy ✊🏾 Another reason I am so grateful for turning 25 is that I have an ever growing appreciation for life and my livelihood, which was inspired by the near-death experience I had in 2014 that I talk about HERE.
Okay, truth is – quite a few things became so obvious to me as I began living my 25th year on this beautiful earth, let me break it down for you real quick:
- I AM MY OWN HUMAN BEING – Aphelele Zanenhlanhla Lesedi Chonco is a grown woman now and she needs to live like it! I can never tell you how many words of wisdom I have received from my elders, which (in all respect 🙏🏾) I sometimes didn’t ask for 🤭 Oh gosh, I always thought that as a way to show respect I needed to blindly follow the advice I received from my more mature elders but I have now learned that it’s better for me to accept this advice and further evaluate if it’s suitable for Aphelele 👌🏾 I need to be well acquainted with Aphelele and navigate through life with full awareness of myself, my needs and my wants![spacer height=”5px”]
- I THRIVE ON POSITIVE VIBES – Oh wow this is actually such an important point guys. I am naturally a kind and sociable person, so making conversation comes quite naturally. It is because of this that I have had the pleasure of meeting different types of people and making their acquaintance. This is also how I found this point out: I need to keep a friendly distance from pessimistic people. Once again I love all people, but I love myself first and I need to guard my light *singing this little light of mine…* 🕯[spacer height=”5px”]
- ONLY I CAN MAKE THINGS HAPPEN FOR ME – Yes, gone are those days when I used to believe that I need to leave things to luck, or that if it should happen then it will 😒😒😒 Truth is: it will only happen once I make it happen! The good book tells us that we have power and dominion over this world so I have decided to make full use of my power. If I want to win, I need to plan and play like a winner 💯[spacer height=”5px”]
- FAMILY IS MY LIFELINE – I love and cherish my family so much, and I cannot (for the life of me) imagine life without them 💔 My family is the group of friends I was born into, they have provided a strong fellowship, undying love, shoulders to cry on, partners to dance and celebrate with and so much MORE. I am truly appreciative for my family and I plan to show that so much more![spacer height=”5px”]
- FRIENDS ARE MADE – A person once told me that: “If you aren’t still friends with your childhood friends, then you’ve totally missed your friend-making period in life.” LIES‼️ I most definitely do not believe this 🙅🏾 Life continually gives us opportunities and chances to meet new people, build friendships and fall in love and it is my duty to recognise these and embrace them.
- I ENJOY BEING SINGLE – Please don’t read this and draw conclusions about how I feel about being in a relationship. I love it as well. But I also enjoy being single, I enjoy my own company and learning more about myself (keeping up with my emotions, dreaming, believing and achieving). I love myself and I feel most comfortable with being unapologetically me when I am a singleton 😜
Of course there is so much more I still am going to learn about myself and I will take my sweet time with that #NoRushBaby
Do you keep tabs with yourself like that? If so, what have you learned? If not, why?? Feel free to leave a comment below ⬇️